I am an industrial designer by formal education. Over the past several years as a professsional designer I have implemented Industrial Design methodology to nearly every type of venture that I have been involved in. Why? Frankly, it is because I discovered that this type of methodology is best suited, in my opinion, to successfully build products, businesses, and designs. This was when I realized the value of my education at Cal State University of Long Beach's Industrial Design program. The methodology fit nearly every future endeavor. Let's take an example. When I was asked to design my first corporate sponsored vehicle for Suzuki and the Heisman Trophy Commitee, I put my sketch pad down. I sat back and thought about the process. I knew what the client wanted. I knew what the manufacturing process would be. I knew who would be manufacturing the vehicle. I understood the Suzuki and Heisman brands. And, I had a deadline. The ID Methodology was the only way that I had learned and thus I pressed on to sketch, examine color schemes, play with weights and proportions of the vehicle and the aftermarket accessories that were being designed. The first picture of the Heisman Edition Grand Vitara is above.The Grand Vitara was a huge success and later Suzuki would use this concept to build future editions of the Grand Vitara (The second digital rendering features my concept of the XL7 with colorshifting paint). Want to learn more about my ID Process? Leave a comment.

SUZUKI's HEISMAN EDITION GRAND VITARA - Built by CALMINI. Graphics designed to showcase and celebrate American Suzuki Motor Corp's sponsorship of the Heisman Trophy. Debuted at the 2000 SEMA show, appeared at the 2001 Detroit Auto Show driven on stage at unveiling by Heisman Trophy winner Tony Dorsett.

http://www.suv.com/news/2001/suzukiheisman.01.html
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/press/date/20010103/press033453.html